THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!



CLICK HERE

FOR THE NEW ALL-INCLUSIVE


'DISHING WITH DONNA SHOW' WEBSITE & BLOG.



www.dishingwithdonna.co














The "Dishing with Donna" Show is Atlanta's Only Celebrity Food, Wine and Restaurant Radio Program. Listen every Saturday @ 4:00pm on WGKA Talk 920am to hear Donna entertain listeners with celebrity interviews such as Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, or Ted Allen - as well as the exclusive inside scoop into Atlanta's very own restaurant scene.




Listen "Live" Every Saturday at 4:00pm on WGKA 920am

Email Donna Directly @

God Bless Each and Every One of You!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, September 13, 2010

Recipe Showcase

I know, I know.  I was bad last week and didn't update the blog.  I will be honest and say that I have had a rough past 2 weeks.  Forgive me for the delay ... I was in a car accident which totalled my car 2 weeks ago and then had to go off to South Carolina to be the "Hope Speaker" at a women's motivational conference this past week.  (a blog about that is coming!!)  When I think all along,  I was the one who needed the motivation.  - God and his timing.  Doesn't he just have such the sense of humor!

I barely made it to my radio show this past Saturday.  I came flying in from South Carolina, straight to the studios, and running down the hallway, exploding into the Live studio like a tornado -- threw on my headphones, and in one nano second .... had just enough time to take one breath before immediatly saying  "Hello and Welcome to the Dishing With Donna Show".   And this is no exaggeration!!  I have witnesses.  It turned out to be quite hysterical!  - Gotta love Live radio.
My show for the day was RECIPE SHOWDOWN, with noted chefs and restauranteurs around Atlanta coming in and sharing the actual recipe of one of their most popular menu dishes.   It was delicious!  I had the pleasure of having Gus Tselios, owner of Marietta Fish Market/Marietta Diner/Cherokee Cattle Co./Pasta Bella  (whew!) give us the recipe to his famous all-seafood hearty stew in a tomato base.  I had Todd Rushing, a long time friend of the show, from Concentrics Restaurants  (One Midtown Kitchen, Two Urban Licks, Parish, Tap, Stats, Room, Lobby, etc.....)  break down the techniques of braising vs. brining - with so many ideas and tips for each.  Then I was also excited to finally have Chef Todd Hogan, owner of Indigo in the quaint and gorgeous Historic Roswell, come and offer his prized recipe for Sweet Potato Salad from his restaurant.  - I think the entire studio was salivating by the end of the hour!   Great show.







Hard to believe I just flew in at 90mph (literally) and made it in my seat with less than a millisecond to air.  Thank you to my guests who were all equally fabulous and made me very hungry.  Thank you for the recipes,  WHICH, ... should be uploaded to the DwD Website on my Recipes page within 24 hours from now.   So make sure you go up and click on my tab to the website and go try these amazing recipes for yourself!  Straight from the menu of their restaurants to the table in your own kitchen.
 . . . . I don't know about you,  but that Sweet Potato Salad is calling my name . . . . . and its quick and easy to whip up!  And ofcourse,  what kind of host would I be if I didn't tell you to GO TO THESE RESTAURANTS.  Support our local culinary visionaries.  Your taste buds depend on it.

- Mine do! 
Ho hum,  what a hard job .... but somebody's got to do it!!




www.dishingwithdonnashow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment